Plugin Feature Requests

Home Forums WpStream Plugin Plugin Feature Requests

Viewing 15 posts - 1,741 through 1,755 (of 1,777 total)
  • Author
    Beatrice

Hello everyone,

It has come to our attention that some versions of Apple iOS, Android, and/or browsers bring about an error when attempting to live stream from the browser.

Symptom:

– “Could not connect: wss://barber.live.streamer.wpstream.net/webrtc-session.json”

– “Broadcast failed. Please try again in a few minutes”

Possible Cause:

You can read more about the cause here https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/428169/ios-marked-a-certificate-as-expired-even-though-the-certificate-is-still-activ

Quick Fix:

Please clear the cache on your browser before attempting to live stream, refresh, and attempt to go live again. It should now work.

Our sincerest apologies for the disruption this has caused as we understand how important it is for you to go live.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you are still receiving this error after clearing your cache.

sj.cale
    Participant

Hi there, I am using WP Stream on my website to enable presentation videos to be chargeable. This would mean that my videos are held on Vimeo and uploaded as a link with WP Stream. However, I wanted to impose different charges per view.

An example would be that if an individual wanted to watch the presentation it would be one fee, but if a company wanted their employees to watch it as part of a training plan it would be another fee. In other words, can I control the number of times the video is viewed at all?

Beatrice

Hello there,

You can charge for your videos and live streams using WpStream and WooCommerce. However, these videos should be hosted on WpStream in order for Pay-Per-View to work. It would not be possible to host your videos on Vimeo and charge via WpStream with WooCommerce. What you can do is download your videos from Vimeo and upload them on WpStream to create a Pay-Per-View video. You can check out this video tutorial to find out how you can manage your library and monetize content https://youtu.be/nDaKwhwGvrU

Moreover, you can set up different membership plans for regular viewers and companies by using a membership plugin https://wpstream.net/forums/topic/membership-plugins-with-wpstream/

However, you cannot control how many times a video is watched. Once a viewer purchases a video, they have access indefinitely (until you delete it). You can set up subscription plans if you would like a weekly, monthly, or yearly limit.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

I am testing WPStream for our church web-site. I created the channel, embedded the short-code in the site, and tested going live successfully from an RTMP broadcasting platform (Restream, to be exact). I started and stopped the streaming multiple times over the course of 30 to 40 minutes of testing, all successfully. I thought all was well and I could set things up for the audio/video guys at church.

However, when they started trying to stream on Sunday morning, Restream could not connect to the RTMP session. I poked around on the WPStream channel and found that the live event turns off after an hour of inactivity. In order to work the way it is setup now, they would have to log in to the WordPress site before every service (four services a week) and start a new live event. This is NOT an option. We are NOT letting the audio/video guys login to the WP site four times a week – there is just too much they could accidentally click, as well as it being one more complicated thing they have to remember to do. We have amateur volunteers and have made things as simple as clicking a few buttons.

What are my options? Facebook, Youtube and other streaming platforms simply provide an RTMP key and the session goes live as soon as you start broadcasting. I don’t have to start an event through the platform each time. Is this not an option with WPStream? Did I miss something?

Thank you.

admin-3597
    Participant

This feature called static RTMP. You can apply for this beta feature, please see details at this topic https://wpstream.net/forums/topic/static-rtmp-feature-beta-available-upon-request/
    We use this feature and we are very happy.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by admin-3597.
    cryptoassets
    Participant

Hi,

I have my credentials correct and its still giving me that error you mention above?
    I know they are correct because I’m logged in currently to wp-stream.
    Any ideas on what I can do?

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by cryptoassets.
    cryptoassets
    Participant

Also, I might add my host says I’m perfectly fine and have curls enabled it seems but they also warned my error log is being filled with this message.

Flanella
    Participant

Hi, same here.

I had reset the password on the wpstream site and logged in without problem. But when I try to connect it to WP I get the same error. Credentials and php curl library are right.

cryptoassets
    Participant

Yes still the same here. Creditial error regardless if its right on WP.

Christina

@cryptoassets please send your admin credentials in an email to support@wpstream.net, we’ll troubleshoot asap

mention ‘curl error’ in the subject so this gets routed faster

Christina

@flanella-media please send your admin credentials in an email to support@wpstream.net, we’ll troubleshoot asap

mention ‘curl error’ in the subject so this gets routed faster

Beatrice

From Client:

I’m using WPStream on my WordPress site and I have turned the site into an app using the plugin WPMobile.App. The livestreaming is a big part of my app as well as video on demand and I was excited to be able to use WPStream. However, when trying to start a live event from a mobile device either on the app or on a browser, I got an error message undefined is not an object (evaluating’navigator.mediaDevices.getUserMedia’)… It looks like this issue has been resolved on the browser, however, when trying to do it from the app, instead of getting that error like I did before, the entire app crashes. Whoever I was working with in the ticket support asked me to reach out to see if anyone could help me to get it working in the app version. I really am glad this service exists and plan to heavily use it if I can get everything working properly!

I created the app from my WordPress site using a plugin that converts websites (WPMobile.app) on desktop browsers, the stream works fine. The mobile browsers were recently fixed by wpstream community. However this is what happens when I use it from the app. I am currently on an iPhone when attempting this.

http://prntscr.com/1xdtdlm
    http://prntscr.com/1xdtjfs

The name of the plugin is WPMobile.app which is also the same name as its website. It automates the process of converting the site into an app using developer account information and WordPress information. It is directly connected to another plugin that I am using called Peepso which gives my site a social media theme.

When using the site from a desktop, the feature works fine on all major browsers. The same can be said for mobile browsers. However, the app version which was generated crashes the entire application. Prior to this, I was getting an error saying media devices not defined for both mobile browsers and the app version. After the fix, it worked in mobile browsers but crashes the entire app in the app version when trying to broadcast from device.

php11
    Participant

Hi,

Do we have now any doc or video tutorial to implement chat functionality?

Beatrice

Hello there,

We do not yet have a doc since it is still a beta feature and we are constantly working on improving beta features. Once it becomes a permanent feature, we will be sure to include a video tutorial.

flipenforchrist
    Participant

I have set up a few different Subscriptions and linked several pay per view VOD and Live channels to each. After purchasing the subscription the pay per view videos that should be included are still requiring payment to watch them.

any help please?

Viewing 15 posts - 1,741 through 1,755 (of 1,777 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.