Plugin Feature Requests

Home Forums WpStream Plugin Plugin Feature Requests

Viewing 15 posts - 2,056 through 2,070 (of 2,073 total)
  • Author
    Liquoricelollies
    Participant

Hi, I have a couple of questions:

1. Is it possible to assign a single channel – say “”Music Live”” to multiple users? What happens when say 10 users want to broadcast live at the same time (say 10pm), using this same channel “”Music””?

2. What happens if I do not assign a channel to users, however for some reason there is a huge demand, and more than 150 users all decide to go live at the same time (say 10pm on a Wednesday night).

3. If all the 150 users’ streams are recorded, I’m assuming that these will be stored on my media library on my (local) server, and not using the wpstream library? Or will they all count towards the wpstream GB storage/pricing plan?

Thanks!

Liquoricelollies
    Participant

Hi, following up on this conversation as I can’t find any formal release notes – has this issue now been fixed as part of current version/stable release?

Thanks!

Beatrice

Hello there,

Thanks for your message!

1) It is not possible to assign the same channel to different users. This is to prevent situations such as the one you described
    2) If you do not assign a channel, a new channel will be automatically created for them
    3) These videos will be stored on our servers and it counts towards the storage of the subscription plan you picked

Hope this helps and please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.

Best,
    Beatrice

Beatrice

Hello there,

Yes, the conflict has been resolved and you should not worry about any conflicts. Of course, if you do stumble upon something, do not hesitate to let us know.

Best,
    Beatrice

Liquoricelollies
    Participant

Hi Beatrice,

Thank you for your answers. I have some more questions about the channel creation for front-end users based on use cases:

After a user has live streamed, can I delete their channel, to make room for another user/channel? I anticipate several use cases where a user will only want to live stream sporadically. 1. A user wants to "try" live streaming, creates a channel, and then decides not to continue using live streaming. 2. A user only intermittently uses live streaming (say once a month).

If we start with your basic price plan (150 channels), can I delete user channels that are obsolete in the above use cases in order to make sure we stay within the plan-assigned channel limit (150)?

And, if a user (whose channel I have deleted) then wants to live stream again in future, will wpstream create and allocate a new channel for them?

Thanks!

Beatrice

Hello there,

That is correct, you can delete any channel you want at any time. The user that chooses to live stream sporadically can have his old channel deleted and when they decide to live stream again, a new channel will be created for them and the process repeats. This way, you can have up to 150 channels by deleting old/unused channels. I hope this clears your doubts! Let me know if you have any follow up questions – happy to help.

Best,
    Beatrice

imwebdesigns9
    Participant

Hello All,

Is it possible to move videos from wpstream to jetpack’s videopress storage once live stream has finished.

Thanks!

service.technique
    Participant

Is it possible to add a live stream and restrict access to visitor only from location and not from others?

lukas.wos
    Participant

Hi, I’m testing your plugin version 4.4.1 everything works ok, when I’m am login as admin. Going to shop buying aces using woocomerce after payment I can see the link to my product and I’m able to watch the video.
    But when I’m testing as a normal user after peyment for a product I’m not able to see video.

lukas.wos
    Participant

Hi, I’m testing your plugin version 4.4.1 everything works ok, when I’m am login as admin. Going to shop buying aces using woocomerce after payment I can see the link to my product and I’m able to watch the video.
    But when I’m testing as a normal user after peyment for a product I’m not able to see video.

Beatrice

Hello there,

You can download the videos and upload them wherever you wish! You will only need the videos to be on WpStream if you wish to create monetized Video On Demand. Hope this helps and please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Best,
    Beatrice

Beatrice

Hello there,

Thanks for your message. This is not possible by default but I am sure that there are many plugins on WordPress that prevent viewers in certain locations from watching by IP. You can check out this plugin as an example https://wordpress.org/plugins/ip-location-block/

Let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.

Best,
    Beatrice

Beatrice

Hello there,

The viewer will receive an email with a link to the video which they can click on and watch. Alternatively, if they go to their account on your website under ‘Orders’, they will also find the link there. Hope this helps and please let me know if you have further questions.

Best,
    Beatrice

Beatrice

Hi there,

Please see this post and respond https://wpstream.net/forums/topic/pay-per-view-dont-work-corectly/

Best,
    Beatrice

hallsportz1
    Participant

Hello All,

New to this, wondering about how subscriptions work. If I want to use StreamYard through WPSTREAM, do I need one subscription for each service? They have different allowances for stored recordings and streams per month, so I am finding it a little confusing.

My use case is that I want to live stream my kids baseball games this spring. It can be anywhere from 3-5 games weekly, and each game is about 2 hours. I have no problems downloading the videos after each game and saving them locally.

Any insight would be great.

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 2,056 through 2,070 (of 2,073 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.