1. They do need to be turned on before streaming unless you go to your channel settings and enable ‘Auto Turn ON’. You will have to enable this first, turn ON your channel manually once and then you can use any streaming software to go live without having to turn it on manually.
2. Unfortunately, scheduling is not possible at this time and not currently in the works. However, you can schedule live streams with WpStream and StreamYard.
You can only set this up with a subscription product and what we call ‘bundle subscription’. You can basically set up a subscription for your live stream and then attach the PPV Recording/VOD to this live stream. Those who have purchased the live stream can watch it for free and those who have not will need to purchase the VOD separately. Please see this for more information https://docs.wpstream.net/docs/multiple-subscription-plans/
Regarding auto-create, are you referring to automatically creating a VOD after your live stream? If yes, that is not possible because you will need to edit the VOD before publishing. This includes the title, bio, featured image, and whether you wish to create a Free to View VOD or Pay Per View VOD.
Hope this helps and please let us know if you have further questions or concerns!
To simply answer your question regarding notifications – we don’t currently have an automated way to let viewers know that you are live. You can do this by sharing the page on your Social media pages or through email.
However, what we do have instead that we hope would make a close alternative is setting up a list on your website with all the current ‘Active’ Live streams. This way, whenever a viewer comes onto your website, they can see if you are live. You can also add a text under the thumbnail to show viewers that you are LIVE.
Here is the link to a tutorial to set this up https://youtu.be/2hKJ3jXIR3Q
Hope this helps and please let us know if you have further questions or concerns 🙂
1. I have a simple subscription set up and dont want the live channel on the product page, so that users dont have the buy button constantly when they are watching. When I add the live channel somewhere else there is just the error message “You did not buy this product” even though 1. its a subsciription, not pay per view and 2. I gave myself the subscription and technically have the authorization to watch it.
2. Is it possible to turn off the function that the livestream is showing when I am on the product page and already bought the subscription or at least move the stream window in any way? As it really messes with my site and is under my header and not where I would want it.
Thanks for getting in contact. Happy to answer any questions you may have!
1. Are you referring to having the button there even after the viewer purchased the subscription? Regarding being able to watch it without purchasing as an admin, unfortunately, this is related to WooCommerce Subscriptions and you have to do a test purchase to watch it.
2. Not sure how this looks like based on your description and it would be super helpful if you could send a screenshot or better yet, a link to the affected page. You can send those to our email at email@example.com if you feel more comfortable sharing these details over there.
1. I will try that then and see if it will work. I did just give myself the subscription but with that I can only watch the streams on the product page.
2. Basically I want to create a “simple subscription” without the livestream or VOD function and connect another live channel product to the subscription. This way I want to have the product page only for buying the subscription and then having the livestream on e.g. the main page.
This sounds like something that can be achieved with out bundle subscriptions set up. This is where you set up a certain product on a page where viewers will purchase it, and then you attach other live streams/VODs to this that are also PPV/subscription. However, if users have purchased the initial product, they have free access to the other live streams and VODs as well. This way, your product to purchase is on one page, and then the live stream is on the main page or wherever you want to set this up.
If your viewers have not purchased this product, they will be pushed to purchase the live stream itself, or you can redirect them to the main product page.
Unfortunately, we do not have a shortcode for this and it only works with elementor and wpbakery. However, you can embed the live player on a page/post with this shortcode
[wpstream_player id=”1234″ ][/wpstream_player]
Please check out this article for more information https://wpstream.net/wpstream-shortcodes/
Let us know if you have further questions or concerns!