Broadcasting by regular users (non admins)

Home Forums WpStream Plugin Broadcasting by regular users (non admins)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Christina

This thread will hold information and discussions about the capability to broadcast by regular users via the front end.

Feature is being introduced in version 3.7

The broadcast controls are available to be enclosed in front end pages via either shortcode, Visual Bakery block or widget Elementor

Link to a complete tutorial will be posted here in a few days.

Beatrice

If you want to find out more about the new feature and how to implement it, please check out its documentation.

iCast Productions
    Participant

Looking forward to this feature ASAP!!

kgwebdesigner82
    Participant

Hi Team,
    We are working on a Live streaming website where front end users can broadcast their videos. We want them to login first and only then they can broadcast the videos, Can we get a shortcode to show the Video bradcast list/ channel list of the logged in user only? Like they will login to their dashbard and will see the channel list where they can broadcast the videos.

Right you don’t have this feature but must be there.

Thanks

Beatrice

Hello there,

Thank you for your suggestion! If this feature request proves popular with other users through multiple upvotes, it will be prioritized in a future plugin update.

sirdrgn
    Participant

I just started testing the free trial on my staging site. I am using Elementor and it is also a PeepSo Social site. When I add the Broadcast my regular user widget in elementor, the live preview looks great, but once I view it on the live site both sidebars are now under the content, I am getting a random product review showing at the top of the page, and the alignment is off for the Header and Text Element I put under the WPstream widget. I would have put in a support ticket but since i’m still a free trial user I am unable to.

sirdrgn
    Participant

I tried to eliminate elementor as a cause and just used the shortcode in Gutenberg blocks. Also, the shortcode is the only block used. I got the same result.

Beatrice

Hello Sirdrgn,

Not sure what may be happening and would like some more information for context. Can you please send us an image of how you expect it to look vs how it looks after publishing? Thank you for your collaboration.

Best,
    Beatrice

sirdrgn
    Participant

I would be more then happy to, Where should I send it? there is not a way to upload images here.

Beatrice

Hi there,

Please send your screenshots to support@wpstream.net along with the link to this thread for context. I’ve already notified my colleagues and they are keeping an eye out for your email.

Best,

englishgo
    Participant

I am looking for regular user can live stream also.

Beatrice

Hi there,

This is now possible, please follow the instructions in this article https://wpstream.net/how-to-enable-regular-users-to-broadcast-via-the-front-end/

Hope this helps and please let us know if you have further questions or concerns.

Best,
    Beatirce

davide1
    Participant

I have a standard subscription to restream, with which I broadcast on multiple platforms with preloaded files …. if I also want to add the transmission of this stream on my blog, do I have to have a paid wpstream subscription or is the free plan enough?

Beatrice

Hello there,

You will be needing a subscription plan to carry out live streaming on a full scale. You can start off with the lowest plan ($19) and upgrade as needed, or alternatively, use the calculator on our pricing page for a precise plan based on your streaming needs https://wpstream.net/pricing/#band_calculator

Hope this helps and please let us know if you have further questions or concerns.

Best,
    Beatrice

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.