Buffer problem

Home Forums WpStream Plugin Plugin Issues Buffer problem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    oivatto
    Participant

Hi. I made a live transmission using OBS with a 600 kbs CBR to save bandwidth. Low quality video (but enough for I need). Many of 40 listeners told me about continuous lag. How can I configure the buffer plugin/player to help people with slow connection? (a delay of 10 or 20 seconds does not matter). I’m absolutely sure about my internet connection and CPU usage. Thanks in advance.

Ottavio
    gabriel

What do you mean by “lag”? Is that delay from real time (you later say that’s not important) or something else?

oivatto
    Participant

I mean interruptions in transmission. Listeners says listening to music, no sound, then sound again, starting from where was stopped. Or a phrase, stop, and the rest of the phrase. Sometimes they have to refresh page. Sorry for my English.

gabriel

interruptions can be caused by either bandwidth limited broadcast [in this case all viewers will suffer] or bandwidth limited playback [in this case only some viewers will suffer]

if you are confident your broadcast is efficient (see this for tips) you may want to also set up ABR to help your bandwidth-challenged viewers, see here https://wpstream.net/forums/topic/adaptive-bitrate-abr-public-beta/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.