Can the live channels be shared between sites?

Home Forums WpStream Plugin Can the live channels be shared between sites?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Maximo Lopez
    Participant

Im looking for a way to share live channels between to sites with the same account? Im looking to stream to two sites at the same time, I can do it but I need to go to the both sites, start the channel and then go to my RMTP streamer and start streaming. Do you have the solution for this?

Thanks.

Christina

Hi Maximo, it should go as following:

1. apply for 3rd party playback here
    https://wpstream.net/forums/topic/use-3rd-party-video-player-public-beta/

2. set up streaming on site A as you normally would, be sure to uncheck the “Lock To Website” setting in channel settings

3. get the .m3u8 URL provided for the channel you set up on site A, via the procedure offered in step 1

4. play the .m3u8 URL above, by means of a 3rd party player, on site B

Please note that this is a ‘off label’ procedure and we can’t make any guarantees it will work in your context, feel free to provide us with feedback nevertheless.

shibe_tpc
    Participant

In the case of 3rd party video player used for PayPerView streams, is there a way to determine if the user has access? Like a cookie or something? Or is it just that if they obtain the link, they can view the stream? Thx 🙂

Christina

The intended behavior for PPV and 3rd party players is for the video to only show up if the respective piece of content has been purchased; however behavior may vary between various players.
    What’s the feature (i.e. of one particular 3rd party player) you’re after ?

shibe_tpc
    Participant

Thanks for the response 🙂 I guess I’m just wondering about the execution of the feature. For example, if access to content is based on a purchase in WooCommerce on one site, and I’m using a second site or streaming direct to an external player, then the second site or external player is unaware of the purchase or its restrictions, correct? So long as a user has access to the media link itself (not behind a password protected page for example) then the stream will play?

Christina

On the second site the content will either play unrestricted or not play at all, possibly depending on channel settings. In theory at least, you’ll have to try for yourself to know for sure.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.