Can you set up VODs using URLs for videos stored locally?

Home Forums General Can you set up VODs using URLs for videos stored locally?

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    aperkins
    Participant

The storage limits on your plans are low. Is it possible to set up VOD packages that stream prerecorded video hosted locally?

Beatrice

Hi Aperkins,

Unfortunately, we do not offer packages that only have Storage Data. Our subscription plans include both bandwidth and storage plans together.

aperkins
    Participant

Hi Beatrice,

I understand, and I am relatively new to setting up a gated VOD service, but I already have more than 500GB of original content and growing that I am looking to release. So I am wondering what my options are and was curious if I can stream the files vs. uploading them.

Beatrice

Hello Aperkins,

If you would like to stream free videos through YouTube, Vimeo, or an external source (hosted locally, for instance), you can do so without the need for storage data from WpStream.

However, if by gated VODs you mean that you would like to use Pay per View or set up subscriptions for your viewers to access your content, you will indeed need a subscription plan with more storage data.

Please check out this link for more information https://wpstream.net/setting-up-various-kinds-of-videos-with-wpstream/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.