CHAT – public beta

Home Forums Beta and Experimental Features CHAT – public beta

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    c.lion84270
    Participant

Well I did these tests with AND without broadcast running. It wasn’t my intention to make it work just by opening a socket without actual video stream flowing. So yeah there is that.
    But I’m curious about the rules you have on your side that result in this return that disconnect me from my chat, a 1 person chat.

{"type":"server","info":"rejected","reason":"taken","keep":false}

As you can see in the last post I made, you kind of receive “test_npi” as a “User” property AND a “Client” property.
    I hope this is not false positive for “test_npi” being 2 different people… because it’s just not the case.

So thank you for the reply, and contact me for any further proposition.
    I’m here waiting for a fix, being done on your side or mine. But someone need to answer my technical questions so I can progress.
    Ready to collaborate of course.

Beatrice

Hello again,

We appreciate all your feedback and suggested fixes and would love to get in touch with you. Please send an email to office@wpstream.net with the subject “Chat Collaboration” and you will be contacted as soon as possible.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Beatrice

Dear Nicolas,

Your email has been responded to. Please check your inbox and let me know if you are still unable to see it. Thanks!

Kabr
    Participant

Problem 1
    if the username on one screen is called “Bob” it comes up like this:

“bob connected to the server”

on all other screens. (Sometimes it happens with the message “bob” writes aswell”)

Problem 2
    When “bob” is connected to the chat for more than 2-5 min.
    The system tells him that “This username is already taken”.
    He can’t write after this pops up.

Beatrice

Hello Kabr,

Sorry to hear that you are having issue with the chat. Are you able to provide us with a link to the page that shows the chat along with these issues? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Gabriel

Update

Plugin version 3.12.3 addresses some chat issues/topics as following:

“This username is already taken” – has been addressed by registering duplicate users with a nickname variation (i.e. mary-5789)
    “This username is already taken” – may commonly be aggravated by the use of cache plugins – please disable these on pages using the chat
    Duplicate system messages – have been addressed
    “Please login if you want to use the chat” – chatting is only supported for registered users (no guests)
    “We are not live at this moment” – chat only functions along a video player of the same live channel and when the respective channel is active (i.e. an event is started and broadcasting live)
    There is a “connect” button that does not work – chat is possible to malfunction or not work at all in the presence of cache plugins – please disable these on pages using the chat

Foxwood Live
    Participant

For some reason it automatically disconnects the user after short time of inactivity and then the button still shows “send” but no messages can be sent.

Is this an issue that you are aware of?

Beatrice

Hello Foxwood Live,

The chat can only be used while there is a live stream going on and after the live stream ends due to inactivity, users will not be able to send messages either.

Please let me know if this helps and do not hesitate to contact us if you are still facing issues.

andre-0839
    Participant

Is there a way to set the channel id to the current user’s channel id? (e.g [wpstream_chat id=”CURRENT_USER”])

Beatrice

Hello there,

Thank you for your suggestion. However, not too sure what you are referring to. Can you please provide more information regarding what you are trying to achieve with the chat?

Thank you for being part of our beta program as we continue to improve with the help of your constructive feedback.

andre-0839
    Participant

I would like to make a suggestion to the chat beta! It would be awesome if the chat could be a part of the actual video player during a livestream. That way viewers can comment and react in real time (Or as close to it as possible) while the stream is going. My site is a multi user site and I have set it up where each person has their own channel through WPStream and they will primarily be using it for performances and things like that. It would be great to enable live commentary and applauses and other reactions on each channel individually. Maybe even add an interactive poll feature where the live stream host can ask for votes or other audience activity. Or maybe, if any of the developers would be interested in working privately with my site in adding these different functions if it’s too much of a hassle to do it for the entire community at the moment, I would be interested in seeing what it would take!

Beatrice

Hello there,

Thank you for being part of our beta program and using our beta chat feature. We appreciate your suggestions and feedback on all our products as we strive to improve day by day. We will take all your suggestions under consideration and may even add them in a future update. unfortunately, we cannot guarantee when this would be.

We encourage other users to upvote if you see a suggestion you would also like and upvote in this thread. This will prioritize the features on our list! Once again, thank you for being on this journey with us.

Best,

andre-0839
    Participant

Would it be possible to have the chat feature included in the playback window for each channel? I have a multi user site where each person is assigned a channel that they can livestream from. It would be really cool if every time someone selected a users channel to watch, they could chat directly from the playback window. As of right now, it seems I can only place the chat feature on a page and assign it to a specific channel. But that would require users to get out of the full screen mode and find the chat box which would only be available for the one channel it is assigned to. Also, its giving an error about username character length.

Screenshot of chat

Beatrice

Hello there,

Unfortunately, that is not a feature that is currently on the list of updates since it has not been requested as of yet. We are, however, going to take this into consideration and if other users up vote, we may prioritize it!

Thank you for taking part of our beta features program and we appreciate all your feedback as we continuously aim to improve our product and services. Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.

Beatrice

Hello there,

Unfortunately, that is not a feature that is currently on the list of updates since it has not been requested as of yet. We are, however, going to take this into consideration and if other users up vote, we may prioritize it!

Thank you for taking part of our beta features program and we appreciate all your feedback as we continuously aim to improve our product and services. Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.