I am broadcasting but my channel is “not live” / keeps on loading forever

Home Forums WpStream Plugin Plugin Issues I am broadcasting but my channel is “not live” / keeps on loading forever

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    gabriel

We have recently discovered that a combination of WordPress caching and faulty/early DNS resolution attempt can lead to channels showing as “We are not live at this moment.” or displaying the loading wheel while there is an actual broadcast to it.

This happens if the channel page is being accessed DURING a narrow time window WHILE the channel is being started. If the respective coincidence does occur, channel will show up as unavailable or loading EVEN throughout successive page refreshes.

Video will show up fine for most users (i.e. unless they try to open the page while the channel was starting), however this get some broadcasters very concerned: anxious to see their video feed they may access it too early and upon seeing the malfunctioning player they would naturally believe it’s not working for any of the viewers.

We are working on a quick workaround (1-2 days) and a permanent fix (1-2 weeks). Until then we advise you to apply the following procedure for live streaming on your channels:

1. Start your channel at least a few minutes ahead of the scheduled time, ideally 10 minutes or more
    2. Start broadcasting to your channel at least a few minutes ahead of the scheduled time, 2-3 minutes is good enough
    3. Do NOT attempt to view your channel until one minute after having started to broadcast

Will keep the thread updated with advancements on workarounds/fixes. Thank you for reporting this.

admin
    Keymaster

We have released an update that “hides” the “View Channel” button until the channel is ready. We hope that this will greatly reduce the incidence of the fake problem. We are also working on a permanent fix, to be released via an update no later than a week from now.

gabriel

This is completely addressed as of v3.2.1
    We did not rush the fix into an earlier update because topic has apparently not affected anyone after the “hotfix”. Thank you for sticking with us despite the annoyances

casadefemexico.web
    Participant

Aun no pueden mis usuarios ver mi transmision en vivo, cómo puedo configurar eso en wordpress??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.