List all live broadcasts + custom fields

Home Forums WpStream Theme Theme Feature Requests List all live broadcasts + custom fields

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    jesper.svensson
    Participant

Does anyone know if I can have a list of what is live right now? Can’t find a shortcode for that.

I have also added custom fields (with jet engine) but for some reason, it doesn’t show up

Any ideas are more than welcome!
    Thanks

Beatrice

Hello Jesper,

You can check which channels are live by going to “My Account” on WpStream and “Your Live Events”. It will show all your events and whether they are recorded or not, and if they are live. I am not sure what you mean by custom fields.

Please let me know if this is what you are looking for.

jesper.svensson
    Participant

Hi Beatrice,

Appreciate the quick response! Though I was hoping for a way to display on my homepage which broadcasts are live now for a regular visitor to hop right in.

When I couldn’t find that option I added two custom fields when setting up a stream, where you enter your title, description etc. A field saying starting at this time and ends at this time. This way I can display live streams on the homepage. Though when I create a custom field it doesn’t show up.

Thanks

Beatrice

Dear Jesper,

Thank you for describing what you mean and now I understand. We do not currently offer that feature. However, our engineers are always looking to improve the plugin by getting inspired by customers such as yourself. Please post this query on this forum topic describing the feature and if you receive enough upvotes from our other users, your suggestion might be included in a future update!

Sorry I couldn’t be of more help regarding this.

jesper.svensson
    Participant

Hi Beatrice

Great to hear – though I will be needing it quite soon.

If anyone is curious I found a workaround. Adding custom fields did work with ACF – so I will have the streamer adding their estimated start time and estimated end time and then I display all broadcasts in between these time on the homepage as “live now”. It won’t be as accurate but close enough.

Thanks!
    Jesper

Beatrice

Dear Jesper,

I will not be able to provide you with the exact timeframe but if other viewers vote on this, it will be prioritized.

And thank you for your recommendation! We really do appreciate it when our valued customers contribute to this forum 🙂

NPI
    Participant

It would be greatly appreciated.
    It’s a must have.
    It’s basically a list of current Events and not Channels as channels exists wether or not they broadcast at the moment.
    Every stream plateform have this. WpStream should !

Beatrice

Dear nicolas,

Thank you for your request! We have been discussing possibly implementing this in the near future. Please watch the space as we will be updating you via this thread and our forum of any updates and new features. We encourage other users to keep upvoting this thread to let us know the demand which will lead to prioritization 🙂

c.lion84270
    Participant

Sorry, but if this is only to be implemented on wpstream’s theme users, I would miss it very much. And I’m not sure how to keep using my theme which is already a child theme of another theme, if I need features you are implmenting only in your wpstream theme.
    So I might need to repost this in the general Forum instead of here.

Beatrice

Dear c.lion,

I understand where you are coming from and that may indeed be more helpful as a plugin feature as opposed to a theme feature. Please take the time to post this request as a plugin feature request.

We appreciate your input!

keithgold
    Participant

Hi Jesper,

Would you mind sharing the steps on how you achieve it using ACF?

thanks!

jesper.svensson
    Participant

Hey Guys,

Sure, I’m using Croco Jet Engine, not AFC but I’m sure it can be done with ACF as well. What I did was to add a steps a broadcaster need to go through to go live. Before going live I have a form with a hidden field se it looks like a button. The button saying something like “I’ve reviewed event details and are ready to go live”. When that form is submitted the post is updated with a custom field saying it’s live, page is refreshed and a condition is set to the WPstream “start live event” to show when that field is active.

This works well since it’s easy to have a listing grid in the homepage only displaying posts with the live active. I have another form that also shows when it’s live saying something like “finished broadcasting” that does the opposite. Though this step is easy for a broadcaster to forget so I’m honestly keeping an eye on live listings and addressing it if they do.

Hope this helps.
    Jesper

Beatrice

The new version of the plugin (3.12.3) now includes the ability to add a list of all live events and/or all VODs on a page. For more information, please see this thread.

Thank you for your suggestions 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.