Low Latency Streaming – public beta

Home Forums Beta and Experimental Features Low Latency Streaming – public beta

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    smvegas7878
    Participant

hi admins, can u help us enable the low latency feature for our wordpress website, we are in horse racing live stream industry~ been use upstream for 2 month and we figure out the delay was around more then 20second delay …. hope u able to help us , appreciated if can enable to low rate setup .and we are ok for 480P quality 🙂

and also we need more bandwidth package which is ur fan package $399 was not really enough for us using per month, izzit anyway to increase or subscribe from WP with any special rate 😀

looking forward your reply 🙂

Beatrice

Hello there,

Thank you for your message. For instructions on how to get the low latency beta feature, please follow this thread.

If you would like a custom package bigger than the Fans plan, please email office@wpstream.net and one of my colleagues will get back to you ASAP 🙂

Hope this helps!

smvegas7878
    Participant

hi beatrice, finally i able to enable the low latency live, but one thing problem.. i just click my wp acc to check the live viewer but it show 0 all the time…infact my live got ppl come in….izzit the bug for beta version ? hope u can fix it for us ya..thx~

Beatrice

Hello there,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues. Can you please provide more details-preferably a link to the affected page? Thank you.

smvegas7878
    Participant

Hi as u can c above, when i open live, it really got ppl come inside but the WP stream live event there always show 0 view…. hope u can fix for us ya…tqtq
    link : https://handy.wpstream.net/liveqos/?datasource=20696-5718-1623770623.live.streamer.wpstream.net&key=fksvge1b

Beatrice

Hello there,

This may be caused by a plugin/theme conflict. Please carry out a conflict assessment by following the instructions in this thread. If you still encounter the same issue after attempting the assessment, let us know what the outcomes of the test were and we will attempt to troubleshoot from there. Looking forward to your response.

Beatrice

Hello again,

On a second look, the number of viewers on the low latency beta player do not show as with the regular player. However, we are considering adding the viewer count in the future. Sorry for the confusion!

So I was just doing a test with the low latency and see that it does change the 20 – 30 sec delay down to about 2 seconds. This is great. The issue I see is that while there is low latency the stream is very glitchy. seems to play for about 2 seconds then pauses for 1 – 2 seconds then plays again for the 2 second etc, making it very hard to watch a stream. I am testing while on high speed wifi connection.

Is there anything that can be done to help with this glitchy stream? Also, for non-admin users, how would we be able to add the low latency to a stream they start themselves?

Thanks,
    Johnny

Beatrice

Hello there,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with the low latency beta feature. Can you please provide a more detailed description of the issue and possibly send a link with the affected stream?

You may also want to adjust the settings of your live stream as this may be affecting your broadcast. See this article.

As for allowing regular users to use low latency, unfortunately this cannot be accomplished automatically. You will have to use the low latency shortcode on a page and add the ID of the user’s channel.

Looking forward to learning more about the issue you have come across.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.