Media player setup.

Home Forums WpStream Plugin Plugin Feature Requests Media player setup.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    chr.simon94
    Participant
    1. Hello Team, as me & some friends planning to start a new arts/culture streaming project in our homebase we created a wordpress site with your plugin installed. We were wondering if any media player needs to be setup to start/pause volume-control the stream in browser. After analyzing the mark-up we just saw some <div class=”player-controls” /> and thought we’re fine. After the final test (of course a bit late) yesterday we realized, that now player controls are visible.
      So my question is: shouldn’t there be at least a native video player with such controls? If not, do we need to setup some third party tools or maybe its just wrong configuration?
    gabriel

The player DOES have play/pause and volume controls? Do they not show up on your end?

chr.simon94
    Participant

No they did not show up when we tested. I tried to manually add “control” boolean attr to the <video> tag with medium success. Controls are shown but those are not the vjs controls the wpstream_player should actually use.

steve-3689
    Participant

We tried streaming today and had tons of people not able to see the stream. We were using OBS, It worked in chrome on some computers, non of the macs worked they just got a black screen.

gabriel

That’s highly unexpected, both the controls missing and video working just for some.

I would advise attempting a conflict resolution https://wpstream.net/forums/topic/plugin-and-theme-conflicts-how-to-identify-and-address/

Also a recent ‘black screen’ situation was caused by an ‘accelerator’, maybe that’s also your case? https://wpstream.net/forums/topic/live-streaming-is-showing-a-blank-rectangle/

chris-3374
    Participant

I can confirm I am seeing the same on my site: controls missing and video not working for all: Example here

drrobertwhite
    Participant

I had this same screen the last time I broadcast a live stream. I could pull it up on my phone with no problem, however, could not see anything but this screen on Chrome and Edge.

gabriel

@chris-3374 please confirm the time of your next live session, and the page it will run on, we will look it up and diagnose

gabriel

@drrobertwhite please confirm the time of your next live session, and the page it will run on, we will look it up and diagnose

drrobertwhite
    Participant

Thank you, I can do that. I will post on here, most likely next Sunday, when I will be live.

drrobertwhite
    Participant

I will be live today at 11:00am EST at https://www.aulc.us/live-stream/

Thank you for all of your assistance!

drrobertwhite
    Participant
    drrobertwhite
    Participant

Just FYI, it is still doing the “blank” page. It shows the viewer count, but no live stream. I tried on several different browsers. Works on my smartphone.

gabriel

Sorry we missed it.
    If you can share the admin (to the website, or a secondary ‘clone’ site that replicates the issue) we will troubleshoot in our own time.
    Please send the credentials to support@wpstream.net

drrobertwhite
    Participant

Just wanted to let you know that everything is working once again! It must’ve been a plugin conflict. Thank you for all of your assistance!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.