Media Upload Issues

Home Forums WpStream Plugin Plugin Issues Media Upload Issues

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    admin-2914
    Participant

I am starting to lose my patience with this add-on. I am having countless issues that support doesn’t seem to want to help solve.

My live streams are always cut off. They run for 25 ish minutes then cuts out on the client side and never comes back but I get no indication it has stopped. The recorded videos are all 2gb capped so I am forced to download multiple files (eating my bandwidth), splicing together, then uploading (eating double the bandwidth). I have tried different streaming services (OBS, etc), I have tried connecting directly to my router rather than wifi, and I have tried downsampling the live stream. This last issue is having me question whether I need to look for a different app or what…

I have 2.88gb left (as of the time/date of this post) out of 10gb (only 2 videos have been uploaded!!). The video I am uploading is 2.56gb so I should have .32gb left. I drag and drop and it shows 100% uploaded but the bar doesn’t go away and the file never appears. Can someone figure out these three issues:

1. Live stream stopping at 25 minutes (equal to 2gb of recorded video)
    2. Recorded video gets split into 2gb chunks – 2 videos, one is 2gb the other one ranges from 700mb to 1.2gb
    3. Video will not upload

admin-2914
    Participant

Update:

after sitting and waiting an HOUR, the upload finally finished. Still need resolution on number 1 and 2…

christina

Splitting the recordings every 2GB is deliberate, has to do with the inner workings of the platform. You’re the first to be bothered by it and we’re looking into possibly enlarging that limit, will let you know asap.

The ‘live stream stopping’ is unexpected. Please explain exactly how it stops (i.e. at broadcaster, at player, both, other relevant details), will try to reproduce and sort it out if the case.

admin-2914
    Participant

Thanks Christina. I would need a limit that’s high enough to allow a 1 hr HD video to be recorded as 1 video rather than multiple. My estimate would be that 5gb or 7gb would do the trick (based on 37 minutes being 3.8gb or less).

The Live Stream interruption is happening on the client side at the exact same point that the recorded video is split into 2 files. The screen/player goes blank then it never reconnects; it stays blank. The first time it happened was with my first official live stream. I noted the time that the player when black/blank and when I grabbed the video file, noticed there were 2 (thought it was my Wifi or something like that) and the first video was 2gb and ended at the same time that the player went black/blank. The second live stream did it the exact same way so I knew it wasn’t my end.

christina

Thank you for the feedback, we’ll try to replicate it in our environment and follow up asap.

christina

Update

We were so far unable to replicate the live interruption, for us the recording does get clipped at 2GB but the live is continuous in all respects. Still to try a couple other environments. If unsuccessful (into replicating) we many need to ask you to allow us to broadcast to your very channel, will let you know.

About allowing for larger slices, it’s going to happen but not yet decided how big and when it will be released. Commonsense ETA next week, will also let you know.

Appreciate your patience, best wishes

admin-2914
    Participant

Thanks Christina….

All I would need is 6gb to ensure a 50 minute recording can be saved. Can you please increase my limit from 2gb to 6gb please?

christina

Update

We were unable to replicate the “interruption” in any of the scenarios we tried. Please give us a link to one of your channels, we’ll broadcast to that hoping to see and troubleshoot.

Understood 6G, it will be at least 10 when it happens. It’s not a set limit but some sort of technological hurdle, currently looking for the best way to overcome.

admin-2914
    Participant

I understand that you will want to have a higher limit, but if I am streaming a 50 minute video that’s being recorded, it should come in at around 5gb (based on the fact that a 40 minute video recorded has been running 4gb for me).

Live Stream Client Side: https://fitstream4.com/?wpstream_product=test-live-stream-wpstream

Live Stream Broadcast side:

Server: rtmp://52.23.229.96/wpstream/
    copy to clipboard
    Stream Key: ah9q9dg3ix5rsh3b?auth=kl7vqfwe
    copy to clipboard
    Use OBS Studio on your Windows or Mac computer, or the Larix Broadcaster app on your iOS or Android smartphone/tablet. Various other software and devices are supported, see our guides for details.

admin-2914
    Participant

If that doesn’t work, you can access a test account I set up:

http://www.fitstream4.com

Login is top right icon
    Login: WPStreamSupport
    Pass: WPStream123!

Go to My Account (top right icon)
    Broadcast should be enabled for that user.

christina

We broadcast on your channel until the recording clipped at 2G, and noticed no interruption in live playback or other kind of malfunction, except for the expected split of the recording. Will need help from you into replicating what you reported, it just does not happen for us.

Will decide on a new clip size and timeline to implement the feature on Monday.

cracker_beaz
    Participant

Good luck mate I have issues with these people as well and I’m now looking to use dacast they are more expensive at $63usd but have 24/7 actual live chat and phone help and their streaming service actually works sorry to bother you just saying you may want to checkout dacast good luck mate you WILL need it

christina

Update

We are changing the clip size to 10 GB, to be deployed in production by Friday. If you don’t mind getting an early release (not fully tested) we can enable it for your account some time on Wed.

Please note that this is a platform update, you will not need to upgrade your plugin.

admin-2914
    Participant

That would be great! Thanks.

What other updates to the platform are there?

christina

This one will be dedicated to the respective feature. You may find out about new features by following the blog, release notes, and newsletter.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.