Monetization Models

Home Forums General Monetization Models

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    noniellanes
    Participant

Hi WPStream,

Is there an option to have a different monetization scheme aside from Free, Pay-Per-View and Subscription? My client wants to give a “passcode” to their viewers of a private live event so they could view the said live stream By inputting the said code.

Can this be done? How?

Many thanks,

Nonie

gabriel

You may include a video player anywhere (page, post etc) via shortcodes. Therefore, you can set it up into a password protected page of your own set up.

https://wpstream.net/wpstream-shortcodes/

noniellanes
    Participant

Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for the reply. While I find the article you sent me useful as a guide to use shortcodes, it is not what I asked about. Let me explain what I need. In our normal use case, viewers would need to login/register as a user and buy the product. Is there a way for the user to not login/register and just enter a “password” or a “promocode” in order to view a private live stream?

The idea is for my corporate customer to use a channel and give access codes to its intended audience so they can view the live stream.

Nonie

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

If the user has to buy something – a promo code or a video – a login system is required – otherwise you cannot track the user and find out if he bought or not the product.

If you want the user to just have the promo code and accees the page with it you can use the WordPress password protect mechanism. (It will be the same pass for everybody)

Thank you

noniellanes
    Participant

I see. Ok, thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.