not streaming but bandwidth drop

Home Forums WpStream Plugin Plugin Issues not streaming but bandwidth drop

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    anasis28
    Participant

can you tell me why my stream bw Gb-s drop every minute 0,02 Gb, is there any channel that uses my stream?

we are currently not streaming

I have monitoring this now and every time I refresh my admin page, Gb are tropping 0,02 points

one poit there was 777,91 and 2 minutes later 777,89

I send you an e-mail with photos from my channel

I found it very disappointing

Nana

Hi there!

If you have VOD’s set up (i.e. recordings, uploaded videos), traffic will be consumed every time one of your viewers is watching any of those. To save on that you can download and delete your recordings, then take them to youtube or someplace else

Also, there is some residual (very little) bandwidth consumption when one/some of your channels are still active (but not broadcast to); this is due to i.e. viewers trying to access your channel and receiving a “not found” message
    VOD stands for video on demand fyi.

Nana.

bassmentadm
    Participant

Is there a way to turn off the stream after we are done broadcasting to it?

gabriel

We are considering the possibility to add a ‘turn off’ functionality in later versions.

bassmentadm
    Participant

That would be essential. just a button that “stops streaming” It seems to charge bandwidth ever after the stream is done if there are viewers still connected.

gabriel

Indeed, there will be a “Stop” or “Turn off” button soon.
    To reassure, there is bandwidth consumption, yet in the range of a few megabytes, before the channel turns off by itself after about 45 minutes of inactivity (i.e. no streaming)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.