Simulcast to Facebook – public beta

Home Forums Beta and Experimental Features Simulcast to Facebook – public beta

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Nana
    Participant

Abstract: The feature enables users to simultaneously broadcast live to their WordPress website and their Facebook timeline or page

Restrictions, shortcomings, notes
    – You will be able to link any particular WpStream channel to either your FB timeline or a FB page that you own or manage; once linked, the live video you broadcast to the respective WpStream channel will also go live on FB
    – Feature requires individual whitelisting
    – Only functions with RTMP broadcasting (i.e. OBS, Wirecast, vMix, iOS and Android apps); browser broadcast does not support simulcast
    – Fast, high and stable upload capabilities to anywhere in the world (i.e. not just your city, country, or ISP) is required to achieve good results
    – The feature is still experimental and may not work under various unexpected circumstances
    – We can only offer limited support related to the feature at this time

To apply for the feature, please provide the following information in an email to prerelease at wpstream.net
    – Your WpStream account username
    – Your website and use case for simulcast
    – Please confirm you understand the feature does not work for Web Broadcasting
    – Please confirm you understand that superior network capabilities are required on the broadcaster side for this to work well

• This topic was modified 11 months ago by Nana.
    • This topic was modified 11 months ago by Nana.
    • This topic was modified 11 months ago by Gabriel.
    • This topic was modified 11 months ago by Gabriel.
    • This topic was modified 11 months ago by admin.
    ronimargolin
    Participant

Hello, we would like @Framed.Berlin to apply for this feature please.
    Thank you! Roni

andrejohnson
    Participant

Hi I would like to apply for this service
    andrejohnson

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by andrejohnson.
    christina

@andrejohnson please follow the instructions above to apply

i.e.

To apply for the feature, please provide the following information in an email to prerelease@wpstream.net
    – Your WpStream account username
    – Your website and use case for simulcast
    – Please confirm you understand the feature does not work for Web Broadcasting
    – Please confirm you understand that superior network capabilities are required on the broadcaster side for this to work well

shibe_tpc
    Participant

How does the simulcast effect the viewing/bandwidth cost? If 200 people watch on Facebook is that deducting from the allocated plan bandwidth? Thx 🙂

Beatrice

Hello there,

Thank you for your message. It does indeed get deducted from your streaming bandwidth as you are still using WpStream to broadcast your event on Facebook. Hope this helps and let me know if you have further questions!

shibe_tpc
    Participant

ok, thanks 🙂

I wasn’t sure if it was essentially restreaming a ‘single’ stream into FB ingest servers for restream or not.

Beatrice

No worries, always happy to help.

Please let me know if you have further doubts!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.