“Static RTMP” feature – beta – available upon request

Home Forums WpStream Plugin Beta and Experimental Features “Static RTMP” feature – beta – available upon request

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

Abstract
    -The feature will provide broadcasters with the ability to have an immutable ‘RTMP broadcast url’ and “Stream key” pair for specific channels
    -Broadcasting to the respective URL will automatically ‘start’ a channel if it is in an idle state (i.e. ‘inactive’)

Restrictions & shortcomings
    -The feature requires individual whitelisting
    -The feature can be set up for a single website from within a specific WpStream account
    -The feature is still experimental and may not work under unexpected circumstances
    -We can only offer limited support related to the feature at this time
    -Setup requires basic understanding of API calls and and the JSON format

To apply for the feature, please provide the following information in an email to prerelease at wpstream.net
    -Your WpStream account username and password
    -The website you would like this enabled for (i.e https://example.com); please note that http vs https is important and only the specified will work, not both
    -(yes or no) If you wish to record your “Static RTMP” incoming broadcasts; setting will apply to all channels

• This topic was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by gabriel.
    • This topic was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by gabriel.
    • This topic was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Nana.
    gabriel

Please do not update your plugin to 3.2.1 just yet, it contains breaking changes still untested with this feature.
    If you upgraded already and encountering issues you may download the 3.2.0 version from here

Will update the thread when it’s safe to upgrade, should be before the end of the week.

gabriel

Confirmed, v3.2.1 is not fully compatible with ‘static RTMP’. Please hold off on updating or manually install the older plugin that you can download from here

Adjusting the beta feature to fit the mainstream product is slightly more complex than expected, still hoping to have a solution in the beginning of next week.

gabriel

Ok, this will take even longer. As it needs a bit of redo anyway, we’re taking the chance to overhaul and bring it closer to production.

Please keep using version 3.2.0 to have the feature working for now. Can be downloaded from here

Will post details on the expected timeline in the coming days.

gabriel

Expecting to have this ready on Wed or Thu

That is, static rtmp working with the latest plugin (and other beta features); also a few perks like being able to selectively record and using on multiple sites

gabriel

Feature is now compatible with latest plugin version. To ensure a smooth transition kindly do the following:

1. Update the plugin while all channels are inactive
    2. Clear all caches (browser, wordpress, theme, cdn etc)
    3. [Important!] Manually start each channel (hit “broadcast to channel” in admin) you want to use with static rtmp (just once, it will subsequently start on its own as expected)
    4. Broadcast to the static rtmp url as usual, urls are the same

Notes:
    -manually starting a channel also ‘activates’ its static rtmp capabilities; (!)attempting to statically broadcast on a never-previously-manually-started channel will fail
    -(!)all newly created channels will also need manually started (once) to activate the feature
    -recording is no longer set universally for all channels, instead the setting of the last manual start is remembered and applied
    -website/domain is no longer set universally for all channels, instead the setting of the last manual start is remembered and applied
    -updated info on the functionality will be mass emailed in the coming days

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by gabriel.
    djdivinedc
    Participant

i want to use Open Broadcast Studio send send my live stream via my wordpress website. where do i find my rtmp address and stream key?

gabriel

djdivinedc please see this tutorial https://youtu.be/Eftr68cT9pw

tedrickster
    Participant

Hi, is this static rtmp feature stil available? I mailed the prerelease email address outlined in the post above a week ago but haven’t received a reply.

gabriel

found your email but it carries some ‘confidentiality’ stuff that would require our team to click links in it; as that’s unadvised please please re-formulate it or try resend from a different mailbox

aerialclick.com
    Participant

I don’t understand how to setup it in my wordpress page. Someone could help me please?

gabriel

The email that accompanies the enrolling in the beta contains detailed usage info. What part of that do you not understand?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.