Stream failed.

Home Forums WpStream Plugin Stream failed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    philip1
    Participant

Hello
    My 5min test stream worked ok
    But a few days later, my actual live event failed. Does anyone know what I did wrong?
    I set up the event in wpstream just like before, and hit “Start Live Event.” And copied the RTMP address and stream key into Restream.io.

A Few days later the event started and Restream.io successfully passed my stream from my Blackmagic ATEM on to youtube and facebook, only the wpstream failed (Restream reported ‘offline.’)
    I went into wpstream settings and the event had come out of live, and ‘start live event’ was showing again. Which was strange… I don’t know why it switched itself off in those days between when I set it up and when I went live.
    Anyway… even though I clicked ‘start live event,’ it still didn’t work.

What am I doing wrong? I did exactly what was in the video and there’s no info anywhere about how long to leave the event started.

Thanks

Philip

philip1
    Participant

…just to say, I have signed up for a trial account with wpstream… but I’m not likely to upgrade to a plan if it doesn’t work!!

🙂

Philip

philip1
    Participant

Ooh one thing… I was sending 8Mb/s… is that too high for wpstream?

admin-3597
    Participant

Hello!

You need everytime start live event and copy new RTMP and key values to your streaming software, then you want stream to wpstream channel.
    For static RTMP and key values you need apply to beta feature https://wpstream.net/forums/topic/static-rtmp-feature-beta-available-upon-request/

philip1
    Participant

Hello
    Thank you for that.
    I did start live event and copy new RTMP and key values.
    I did it 3 x days before the event.

Beatrice

Hello there,

It is expected for the channel to switch off after about 45 minutes of inactivity. Please make sure you get the static RTMP beta feature enabled on your account so that this does not automatically switch off and you can go live with the same server and key. For static RTMP and key values you need apply by following the instructions in this thread https://Wpstream.Net/Forums/Topic/Static-Rtmp-Feature-Beta-Available-Upon-Request/

Please let me know if this helps!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.