Video on Demand issue

Home Forums WpStream Plugin Plugin Issues Video on Demand issue

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    adpokhalekar
    Participant
    Hello Team,
    First of all, Thank you for all your support in last few days! Our Live streaming issues are resolved and it is working perfect up to expectations.
    We are currently facing issue on VOD. Most of the our viewers are complaining that the video is buffering at their end and thus can’t enjoy it.  We also checked with many of the different connections and devices and had same issue even with 20 Mbps download and 10 Mbps upload speed.
    We have some queries around it.
    1.What should be the ideal video size?
    2. Does the default player adjust the quality of the video?
    3. YouTube / Facebook / Amazon Prime / Netflix etc. videos works very well with the same connection and devices where our videos are getting stuck at regular intervals and showing only circles.
    We would request you to look into this on top priority and help us to resolve please.

Nana

Hi Anay, thanks for bringing this up,

Unlike live, VOD delivery is not (yet) optimized for your location (via CDN delivery), nor does it support ABR.

While these are both technologically and product-lifecycle wise possible to accomplish, they are not a priority I’m afraid. Will be sure to let you know if we have a beta of either feature.

Let me know the amount of VOD traffic you expect to be doing in the short and medium run, I’ll try bring your case in a meeting and let you know if any chance to prioritize.

1. it’s a trade-off, smaller sizes (i.e. resolution) and bitrates will play smoother but look less attractive
    2. no
    3. see above

Hope this helps

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.