Warning: Browser broadcast may not be suitable for your use case!
Tagged: browser broadcast not working
- May 3, 2020 at 3:07 am #70097GabrielModerator
Following an unfortunate customer story that we deeply regret, decided to post this to emphasize on the fact that browser broadcast is sub-optimal and not appropriate for broadcast-quality live streaming.
– video quality will be inferior (at comparable bitrates) to most RTMP based solutions; this has to do with the underlying technology and cannot be improved
– some device/browser/network combinations will not work at all; there is room for improvement but not all cases will be possible to cover
– solution is still a good fit for many of our customers; setups that do work, consistently continue working; instead, may you find that it’s not working for you, try to run it against a different device/network or use a 3rd party broadcast tool instead
– you may read further on the topic here, please feel free to comment or share your experience in any of the threads
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.