As much as we would love to believe that all our customers find WpStream user friendly and accessible (which it still is), we are aware that a little extra help never hurts. Indeed, WordPress is a complex ecosystem incorporating diverse use cases, add-ons, and customization options. Nevertheless, with about 32% of total websites present today created using WordPress, it is still approachable to experts as well as novel users. Similarly, since we are in fact a part of the WordPress family, WpStream aims to offer support and familiarity in the same way.
Consequently, WpStream is officially announcing its Consultancy Program. We have partnered up with independent contractors that are experts in their field. These consultants will be resolving complex issues that fall outside the scope of our product, and issues that our support team does not cover. For example, they can help resolve plugin conflicts and misconfigurations. They navigate language barriers while still maneuvering highly technical questions and concerns. In fact, these issues have been brought forth by our valued customers whose opinions and feedback are immensely constructive. Equally important, any comment is always appreciated.
How do I get in contact with a consultant?
- Firstly, reach out to us via the contact form below with a detailed concern (in any language) and we’ll further assign you the right consultant.
- We will then provide you with detailed information about your consultant, such as availability, time zone, and hourly rate.
- You will further schedule a time slot with your personal consultant. Subsequently leading to getting the job done.
- We constantly ask our customers for feedback on various consultant engagements, and strive to provide top quality talent for all your needs.
How does this work?
The first step of the process includes assigning a consultant to a customer. This is based on needs as well as technical awareness and charged at an hourly rate. The second and final step is setting up a one-on-one meeting at your discretion. Thus, the general area of expertise of our consultants include:
- Providing a thorough explanation of general and technical WordPress lingo.
- A step-by-step walkthrough of our video streaming setup.
- Advice on Video Streaming technicalities.
- Advice on equipment, hosting, etc.
- Beta and experimental features.
- 3rd party platform and product integration.
- WooCommerce and monetization inquiries.
- Broadcast settings, software, bitrate, and network setup inquiries.
- WpStream customization.
- Identifying and mitigating plugin and theme conflicts.
- Foreign language support.
- Other issues not included in this list.
Support topics that WpStream deals with directly:
- Price, packages, bandwidth and storage consumption inquiries.
- Billing issues.
- Information about the product not covered by existing public documentation.
- Issues with WpStream not caused by conflicts or misconfiguration.
In conclusion, we believe that each of our customers deserves to have our undivided attention. Therefore, the emergence of this Consultancy Program was to ensure that our product makes the internet a more democratic place. In theory, the internet is rather open to public participation. However, live-streaming, content creation, and web design is still isolated to a handful of IT experts. Therefore, WpStream wants to give its customers a voice because of course, we all have something to say (or stream).